We are taking a look back at a previous post and doing a remix of perfect colors and style of vintage dresses for the mother of the bride or groom. For some mothers, wearing a shade or color similar to their daughter or future daughter-in-law seems like the thing to do. But, consider this old superstition: if you are mother of the bride, the groom is looking at you to find out what his wife will look like in 30-40 years. Make a profound impression on the bride and groom as well as all the guests; try a bold and daring color of dress and fun hairdo.
In an earlier article, we gave some quick hair and color tips on this topic. Here are just a few to refresh your memory:
- Shorter haircuts or even updos will make a woman look younger. But, keep in mind that the neck should be hidden. Keep your hair just around shoulder length or keep the updo somewhat loose.
- Consider highlights to your hair for a younger look
- For your child’s wedding, choose a fresh but neutral color for a daytime wedding: peach or apricot, pink or blush, beige, lavender, or mint green
- For an evening wedding, consider a more saturated color: ruby, purple, green, or even an accented black dress
Now, let’s look at the eight best dress ideas for the mother of the bride or groom that will have you looking young, noble, and beautiful on your child’s wedding day:
- This rose and gold dress serves as alternative wedding dress and is a great choice for either mother of couple getting tying the knot.
- Try this beauty in ruby. It is the perfect vintage-style dress for the ladies who are not afraid of bold color!
- If you are nostalgic about the 1970s, when boho-styled gowns and hippie apparel ruled the world of fashion, you may recall those good old days by wearing
- Consider this lovely tea length dress in sage for a very natural look. In sizes small to triple extra large, this is definitely one of our bestsellers.
- If you tend to wear traditional-for-your-age colors such as peach and apricot, you cannot do without one of Nataya’s bestsellers. This Downton Abbey tea party dress is great for day or evening weddings.
- Heads will turn at the evening reception when the mother of the bride or groom is escorted to the dance floor in this classic ball gown in black and gold. This is the perfect gown for the mother of the bride or groom who is mad about old Hollywood classics. This model recalls the look of the late 1930s and early 1940s.
- One more saturated idea for a petite mother of the bride or mother of the groom is definitely the Nataya Vintage-Style Dress in mauve. This style will make you look younger if you have highlighted light brown or blonde hair.
- Some mothers prefer wearing pants. Not a problem. These palazzo pants or flared trousers are great for any special event – even your daughter or son’s wedding. Pair them with a flattering top or a sheer blouse.
Mothers of the bride and groom should feel confident and just as beautiful as their children on this special day. I hope I have offered a few options for all the moms out there and have taken just a little of the stress off of planning this happy day for you.